You may just spot me on the double page feature spread in this month’s copy on ‘Alternative Lifestyles’!
A few facts are wrong, so just to clarify a few things…
- Things in our cottage date back to the 1930’s to the 1940’s. The 3 piece suite is Art Deco as are many of my furnishings and we love collecting WWII memorabilia and clothing!
- When I was about 11 I was wearing my Grandma’s Victorian boots, high necked blouses and plaid skirts. I was wearing 1950’s clothing from around 2000
- I was spotted by a local photographer in 2001 and was in full time employment at that point. My Media Studies course was in 1996 after leaving school.
- My name Kitten Von Mew came into effect in 2001 as a modelling name
- I met Richard in 2008 whilst he was part of the USO shows, of which I joined as a burlesque entertainer. We did not start dating until late 2010/ early 2011.
- I do not think there was ‘something so simple and British’ about the 1940’s. I believe it was a time of uniting together, keeping up morale and making do/ getting creative with what you had.
Thanks to Candee Piccies for taking the photographs and all of my followers for their constant support!